The Farm

The Farm
This is the farmhouse

Friday, October 22, 2010

Frozen water

The temperature went down to below 30 two nights in a row. We have spring fed water, and have not completed the trench to bury the pipe below the frost line, so we woke up to a frozen water line. The line defrosted once the sun was up and the water came back on. It drove home the need to get the hose buried so Kevin contacted a neighbor with a backhoe to see if he could dig the trench. His backhoe didn't have a small shovel so he referred us to someone else. The backhoe appeared on our property the following day, a call was placed to the owner who said someone would be here at 6:30 A.M. It was 7:45 when the person showed up. He looked at the dig site and said he'd talk to his boss because they couldn't get past the trees. It is 10:37 and still no word from the backhoe guy, although the backhoe is still in the driveway.

I still have no clothes dryer, so Adam is hanging a line on the porch for me. The problem now is it rains about every other day so I have to take the wet clothes to the laundry to dry them.

Kevin has been substitute teaching in the local school department, so he has a little extra cash coming in to subsidize his pension. Adam went for an interview at the Humane Society yesterday and has one at Subway today. Jay is still in Acadia, I am working on trying to get services for him, it is not the easiest process. I have been doing the usual housework, laundry, and cleaning. I made chicken pot pie yesterday, it was pretty good. I tried a new sandwich bread recipe, it was good sandwich bread, looked like a store bought loaf, with about as much flavor. I think I will go back to the honey wheat. I have been embroidering my jean jacket, just for something to do. It is coming along pretty nice, I have added vintage cotton lace to the pockets and my farm girl patch. I have an embroidery book that I am going to use to attempt some more stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment